a lil update about my sichee-ashon at hand. i found out the following today via several phone calls that i made;
- i am no longer an employee of the company i have worked at for 10 years.
- i am considered terminated [but not fired] because i failed to return to my job within 90 days and my FMLA expired. [i am still recovering, DUH]..
- i will have to re-apply as a new hire if i want to stay with the company. if i do so within 1 year i can maintain my seniority and pay. [prior to this, i was under the impression they had to find me a position]. NOT.
- they cashed out my few PTO's that remained.
- i have no health/dental insurance [i may have told you that before].
- i qualify for long term disability and will receive $215.00 per month until i become employed again. [shall we plan a vacation..?]
- the remaining splinter that isn't adhering to my bone is still digging into my tissue causing much pain when i move it and do PT. i am calling the dr. tomorrow to see if he will just
amputate the fucking thingdo the surgery now rather than make me wait in pain, until April 20 to then decide.
i could let myself get very upset about all of this and it's hard to fight my gut reaction to do so. however, i am choosing to keep my faith that everything happens for a reason. i am exactly where i am supposed to be right now. i will do whatever it takes to continue assuring myself of this....
i have lived through much worse than this in my lifetime and i refuse to let myself get caught up in the micro-view of what i can see tonight. god is the only one who can see the big picture. maybe my faith is being tested and maybe i will falter down the line but for tonight i am trusting that everything will work out for me and my family.
i just know it.
i choose to believe it in my heart.
and i may end up in a happier situation than i ever thought possible when this is all said and done... which would not have been possible if not for all that has transpired.
i was told various things by different people in HR, Workman's Comp. and a few peers. i felt confused, scared, and unsure of everything... so i took control & made phone calls & asked questions.
i even spoke with a lawyer on the phone who informed me that as long as my company was doing everything according to the law, there was nothing i could do right now. [and yes, they are].
it may seem like a lowdown dirty shame to me [and it is] because everything always boils down to money.... but they are abiding precisely by the law and their policies. now i know where i stand and there is no doubt in my mind to feed the negative worry of the unknown. at least i know what to expect now.
and i will expect good things to happen for me...
lesson learned- do not sit there and wallow in your misery and fear... ask a friend to join you and party hardy! bwahahahahahahahaha
sometimes you have to let the rain wash away your fears so that you may see clearly.
if i were thin i think i would be twins with the girl in the picture ....after all, we have the same haircut.