"...wE mUst bE thE chAnGe wE wiSh tO sEE iN thE wOrld..." K.G.

3/13/2009

i was driving to the bank earlier and i passed through a section of town that is rebuilding. there is alot of dust, one way lanes, heavy machines, and it's very chaotic. traffic gets backed up.... OK, so it has all the makins of a migraine headache mixed with cramping legs since i have a stick shift... i found myself thinking, shit... i shoulda taken another route.... I'm cussin out loud in the car.... when all of a sudden i see it. them. yeah, them. you know those big orange yield signs for the construction workers that ask you to slow down? i saw one with "please drive carefully. my daddy works here..... and "please drive carefully. my mommy works here." yeah, its true. it was like a slap in the face. so unexpected.... and i got all choked up.... it makes me want to be even more careful driving through construction zones. what a frikking genius thing to have invented. sadly enough, we have had a few workers killed in other parts of the city from reckless drivers, so i find this very appropriate.... very genius..... very considerate.... and a refreshing, eye opening change from the depressing state of the world these days. construction workers are some one's parents... and these signs do make me care more.
crp

1 comment:

Busy Bee Suz said...

The signs are genius. I agree.