"...wE mUst bE thE chAnGe wE wiSh tO sEE iN thE wOrld..." K.G.

11/24/2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving Joke

what are you thankful for, this year? me? I'm just thankful to have a job. even if I have to work on thanksgiving day. we had our thanksgiving dinner earlier tonight. it just wasn't the same this year. one of my kids had other plans so it felt like someone was missing.

also, I am still struggling with money, trying to catch up, so my oldest son bought the whole meal for us to make, this year. another thing I am thankful for... good hearted kids and the kindness they have at times like these. I have already announced to the ones who came over tonight that there will be a Christmas dinner, but no prezzies, not even little ones. it hurts me deeply to be in this situation. it is the first holiday for me that I wont be giving presents to anyone, EVER.

and I am NOT happy.

Diane and I are very depressed about it, so we have decided to volunteer at one of the shelters in town to serve the homeless and less fortunate on Christmas. at least we have time to do so, and it doesn't involve money. gifts from the heart always mean more, in my opinion.

I hope whoever reads this has a blessed and happy thanksgiving today! may God always bless you.

C

Thanksgiving

5 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

Happy Thanksgiving, my friend, to you and yours!

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and Diane. I think it's lovely that instead of staying depressed, you are taking this opportunity to help people in need. You are simply amazing.

jo.irish.rose said...

Good idea toone! I tink it's good that you do that and you will feel something so good inside way better than sadness. I love you both and wish I could be there. Also wish I could help in any other way. xxxxxx oooooo

fromsophiesview said...

We haven't given gifts for a few years now because we just lost the pazzazz of Xmas...excess...stress...and just plain..Oh No...we take it easy and thank our lucky stars that we are still here to breath another day!! Sophie send massive hugs and snuggles to you both...feel the squeezing!!!
Ron

Busy Bee Suz said...

I know the gifts are important for you both to give...but really, your love is a wonderful gift for your family.
I hope your Turkey day was good...even if it was early. :)
Love to you and your family!!!
xoxoxo