"...wE mUst bE thE chAnGe wE wiSh tO sEE iN thE wOrld..." K.G.

9/11/2011

9/11

yes, it's been ten years. do you remember where you were on that fateful, horrible Tuesday? my sister called us to say we were under attack. we had been sleeping.. only one plane had hit the tower yet. Diane and I jumped out of bed and started watching it on TV. we saw the second plane hit. fear, like I have never known before, washed through me... my kids were at school and of course at the time, we didn't know if there would be more attacks, or where they would be. we rushed to get the kids and came home.. Diane and I lived in that fear for several days, and I remember being SO frightened that someone out of the blue could just randomly attack us.

here we are ten years later, and we've been catching some of the remembrance documentaries on the tube. so many lives have been changed, but no one will ever be the same again. even US in the mid west on this American prairie in this lil town in my 'hood. I can watch it with out feeling that fear I felt on 9/11/01, yet it still makes me angry that people can hate SO much they could actually plan and carry out something like that.

I felt no relief or pleasure when I found out bin laden was dead... and I thought about how before he became a terrorist, he was a brilliant engineer, had several  degrees, and was a HUMANITARIAN in his country. can you EVEN baleeve that shit? don't get me wrong, I am not defending the bastard  but I also cant help thinking, what a waste of a brilliant mind.

in the news for the past few days, there is talk of a possible car/truck bomb during tomorrow's ceremonies. so bin laden is dead, but there are plenty of others all ready to jump in his place and carry on with hatred and revenge. two of the three men they are looking for pertaining to tomorrow's threat, are Americans. our own people! which just goes to show me that there is evil in all corners of the world. there're brainwashed to be from the time they are toddlers.

on a happier note, we had a good day today. I got in the pool and layed on me floatie most of the afternoon. it was hot out there! and is supposed to be sundee - mondee, too. when I am laying there feeling the sun on my body, I look up to the tree branches that hang over the pool and watch the flickering reflection from the water, twinkle along the underneath of the leaves.. I LERVE that.

It is very relaxing and wish I could do that year round. 

then Diane and I went for a ride, ended up stopping at a little bakery and picked up some crusty French baguette. we had some for dinner tonight, with meataballsa and Italiano snausages in my spaghetti sauce... it was yummy. we stopped to see one of my sons who lives in that area, and it was nice to sit on the porch and hang out for a bit.

alas, my Diane is fast asleep on the couch and I'm having an affair with my computer, whilst she sleeps. I am going to play some scrabble... shhhhh, don't tell her, K?

God bless us all..

C

 

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Great post, Diane. You are right, it doesn't matter where we are, evil can be found. That fact makes me sad.

I hope you spend this day in the pool, too. I think our days of pool weather are numbered.

Hugs,friends

Maria said...

I discovered the BEST bakery in Omaha. It's called Le Quartier and is in Countryside Village. The Broadmoor Market is also there and they have incredibly good cheese and bread.

But...if you go to Le Quartier, try the lemon cupcakes..they are DIVINE.