"...wE mUst bE thE chAnGe wE wiSh tO sEE iN thE wOrld..." K.G.

1/08/2011

Tragedy in Omaha

Broken hearton January 5th, a senior student took his father’s loaded gun to school and shot the principle and vice principle.. then himself. my friend Heather’s 2 older kids go to that school and were hiding in a closet texting their mom during the ordeal. the vice principal died and the principle is still in serious condition. this teen’s dad is an Omaha cop.

Broken heartthe community is pretty much in shock over this tragedy and will never really understand why it happened. the only speculation is the shooter was suspended from school for 17 days for driving his vehicle on the football field.. and maybe this was his revenge done in anger. or maybe he felt hopeless in his personal life and this was the last straw.

Broken hearthis decision to do something so horrible will forever change the lives of all families involved, as well as all the students and friends affected.. well I take that back because I don’t know these 2 people yet it has also affected me..

Broken heartit scares me to realize that anything can happen anywhere, we just never know. no place is excluded from danger, which worries me for my kids and family more so as time goes on. what is driving our kids to do such things? are they in so much emotional pain that they act out of futility or despair?

Broken heartohmygod.

Broken heartI am still in shock. it has affected the whole community even those like me who didn’t even know them..

Broken heartfriends of the shooter say this guy was a nice kid and good friend. many are grieving his loss as well as the victims’. it’s not my place to judge so I wont. his family as well as the victim’s families are permanently devastated and I pray for all involved to find comfort and peace. this could be anyone of ours’ son.. tragedy knows no borders..

Broken heartR.I.P. Dr. KasparBroken heart

C

6 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

I hadn't heard this story. So tragic.

Jim said...

Chris, this is a horrible tragedy.
It is hoped that all involved will learn something from this. What comes to mind for me is how and why should he have been able to access a loaded gun in the first place. I know the US guns laws are more lenient than here in Canada, maybe guns shouldn't be so accessible and easy to own. No gun, no murder.
I know it is way more complicated than that, but it would be a start.
Jim

C said...

yes jim, i agree.. being his dad is a cop, who knows if there are guns in the home or if dad's gun was taken when dad was sleeping... we'll probly never know... but that is part of the tragedy for sure. i dont like guns, they scare me.. and never let my kids go to someones house when they were younger to play if the parents had guns. its just tragic all around. so many stories like this in our school systems.. it is not an acceptable way to deal with problems... i dont think these kids realize the extent of damage such an action causes.

Technodoll said...

I blame USA's stupid NRA.

So sad :(

Cyndy Bush said...

What a horrible tragedy. I'm so sorry for all involved.

Busy Bee Suz said...

This is so sad and depressing.
Why would he think this is the answer....