"...wE mUst bE thE chAnGe wE wiSh tO sEE iN thE wOrld..." K.G.

10/23/2010

it’s that time of year again.. my personal favorite!

today Diane and I took Julian to the Durham Museum in Omaha. [it used to be the train station]. he had fun walking through old train cars, and seeing the history of the city.

051

052

059

the thing is, I enjoy taking a look at history but it never ceases to amaze me how little and petite the women were back in the day because their dresses look like they are size negative 12. the waists appear to be 17 inches.. it makes me feel so BIG, I would of never fit in!

then we took Julian to the downtown slides and he and Diane had a blast going down them. I couldn’t because of my back..

079

085

086

we went for ice cream after that.

my oldest son came over for dinner tonight. we cooked out steaks and had a pit fire going. we talked for several hours around the fire and it was very cozy. all in all it was a family-filled very enjoyable day.

Tuesday is my appointment with the ortho dr. to decide what to do about my arm. it is healed as much as it can be, I guess, but I have lost range of motion and strength in it. as a nurse I have to maintain my Basic Life Support, and 4 other certifications to go back to the job I previously had working in labor and delivery. I cannot do CPR for the life of me, it hurts my arm and I have no strength to do compressions. so that pretty much ends my career as I knew it. I’m thinking that worker’s comp. has to allow me to go back to school to gain another skill which I can do and they will have to pay for it all, plus give me a settlement for the permanent damage caused by the fall. so I may have to make some career changes and decide another area to train for which wont require BLS. essentially, that will mean no patient care. I’m both excited and worried shitless at the possibilities it may mean for me. all I know is that everything happens for a reason, and I know God has a plan for me. we will see what will happen to this ole gal…

on a final note, we have had beautiful sunny weather with a high around 75-80 degrees for the past several weeks and our tomatoes and cukes have come back to life, producing 3 times more fruit than during the peak season!! isnt that just wild?

I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend planned either being busy or couch potato-ing… either way is great in my book!

C

6 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

Looks like you guys had a great day with your beautiful grandson. :)

I'm curious to hear how things go at the ortho, and what workmans comp has to say after that.

Jim said...

Looks like you had a great time at the slides and at the train station.
Yes, things happen for a reason. When you are finished with all the 'red tape' you will see this. I had a similar experience a couple of years ago......it worked out in the long run. Hang in there!
75-80 degrees! Give me a break!! Send some this way to Nova Scotia.....PLEASE! Jim

Jim said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

He is so cute! It looks like he had a great time.

I'm sure that whatever the future brings you will be able to put a positive spin on it and turn it into an adventure.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Technodoll said...

Oh what a delightful day you all had - just purfect IMO :-)

And warm weather?

*jealous*

Please do let us know what the dr says about your arm on tuesday... and yes i agree that you should get worker's comp plus a settlement. most people have at least 7 career changes in their lives so consider this a great adventure!

i still think you have a book in you that needs to be published though...

Just sayin' :-)

Busy Bee Suz said...

That little boy is so yummyyy.....I can see the joy on his face. He loves you both!!!

I hope things go your way (the right way) as far as your getting a new start/career.


xoxoxox
Suz