"...wE mUst bE thE chAnGe wE wiSh tO sEE iN thE wOrld..." K.G.

6/02/2010

we had SUCH a good storm here late this afternoon that my little heart was racing wildly, i died and came back to life twice... and the rain was so torrential it washed all the dried bird poopies off my car.

we lost power in our "hood" for over 6 hours... a tree fell onto the power lines in our downtown and our little town was pitch black and so eerie. so Diane, me and the boys had to get take out for dinner... we ate by flashlight cuz someone broke in and stole all my candles the bastards...

[kidding] i didn't have any...

and erm, we just sat around in the dark twiddling our thumbs. it was spooky, but cool. windy yet wet... with or without nuts... get my drift?

supposedly a tornado touched down in a nearby town cuz the sirens went off however we didn't run down to the basement like we should of. instead, we all just waited for the sound of a train to appear, which never did... so all was good.

nuttin like eating Chinese fried rice in the dark during a storm. the lightening was phenomenal. the thunder loud as it should be. mother nature did NOT let us down tonight. she was showing off. and Bella our doggie was on Diane as usual as she hates storms... trying to get inside Diane's body for safety. poor lil bitch, she gets SO stressed and scared.

anyhoooooooo- that's how my evening went.

i guess i don't need to mention how Alex had an asthma attack due to the humidity from opening our windows or how we had no medicine for his nebulizer nor electricity to plug it in and i had to call his dr. after hours to get a new script and then i forgot me insurance card for the boys from their dad so Diane ran that up to me at the pharmacy [takes a long breath and starts again].... so he took his inhaler whilst i was gone and fell asleep so then i was like... what the....

and then earlier on i had asked my sister whom i have a love-hate relationship with to go to her house for many reasons but the main one having no electricity and the complications of such to which she replied NO..

and we ended up having a huge texting argument about how selfish she is because her husband and 2 boys are away and she has a huge mansion that has electricity and empty rooms but even IF they were home she has gobs of space so as of now i don't know if we'll even speak tomorrow...

drama. DRAMA. dRaMa. D-R-A-M-A.

it makes the world go 'round, don't it?

yeah, that... and cannibalism....

FAMILY-

you cant live with'em... and they don't taste good BBQ'd..

C

7 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

I can't even wrap my head around the fact that you have a sister who would have the nerve to tell you NO!!! I can't in a million years EVER imagine my sister or brother doing that, or me doing it to them, for that matter. I just don't get it....

For the record, if you would have called ME, I would have not only said yes, I would have come and picked you up!!

Anonymous said...

Just marinate them first - they'll taste fine. ;)

That's one heck of a storm you had! I'm sorry your sister is not being very sisterly to you. I can't imagine how someone could be that selfish. It's not right.

Busy Bee Suz said...

The storm sounds awesome. Well, except for not having electricty, alex having an asthma attack and your sister being weird.
Glad you guys were all ok.
Poor Bella. She can move here. We only have storms like that one day a week.
Well, in the summer, we have them once a day. NEvermind.

betty said...

sounds like a really bad storm, glad all were safe; so sorry about Alex' asthma attack and also the lack of compassion your sister had that she couldn't open up her house a bit for family :(

betty

jo.irish.rose said...

i got your storm today, toone, i was at the drs. office when the lights went off. and all i could think of was those poor people with their feet in the stir-ups! i was still in the waiting room, i thought they would send us home, but they didnt. heck no! they want their money, honey!! and they took my blood, and they will bill the insurance for every little thing too! the lights were out for almost a whole hour. thankfully they came on just as my dr. came in the room!

it was such loud thunder and stuff, when i left i thought for sure i would be in a torrential down pour, not a lick of rain....but dark, and eerie black far away....i loved it. but we didnt lose power at home, and we are only two blocks away from the drs. office. way cool. but for 4 days worth of migraines, i was expecting more of a spectacle of a storm than this, give me some rain!!!!! i deserve precipitation!! give me water, please.....a nice gentle rain, with awesome rolling thunder would be nice, in the background. well, that was my one wish, and what would you be wishin on tonight me ladies and jellybeans?

C said...

lmao yoooouuuuu guuuuyyyyys are so cute and funny! lol

Technodoll said...

I think you must be adopted. Seriously. Who treats family like that???

:-o