"...wE mUst bE thE chAnGe wE wiSh tO sEE iN thE wOrld..." K.G.

4/24/2010

farts instead of tornados.

Photobucket

we were 'SPOSED to get severe weather. i HATE it when the meteorologists lie to me. [Diane] and i have been preparing for bad weather for the past 2 days it's been predicted.. [she even vacummed the spidey webs outta the basement in case we had to go down]... we were watching the tornadic outbreaks on T.V. in Texas, Kansas, and Colorado... rubbing our hands together like 2 lil rug rat girlie girls in anticipation of what we would get when it reached Omaha, Ne. i think one of us actually peed her panties..

we are very D.I.S.C.O.P.O.I.N.T.E.D.

all we got was a few flashes of lightening [no thunder] in full strobe light fashion,

Photobucket

a 5 minute downpour of rain....

Photobucket

..a puff of breeze

Photobucket

then nuttin, honey. now it's humid, still, and windless.

Photobucket

don't get me wrong, i would nevah in a million gazillion years ever want to have a tornado that hurts anyone or damages their property but damn it, i would LERVE to see one from a distance. Diane and i like to drive to an open area to watch the storm roll in and there was just nuttin to see tonight.

it was more of a letdown than when my breast milk came in, back in the day.

lying bastards, they are.

we wanted loud thunder and lots of bolts of lightening, some good wind.. [although we DID have that whilst we were stood outside.. had beans today]. maybe a few blown down branches, some car alarms going off in the 'hood... hail the size of watermelons, Photobucketelectrical outages, [oh just for about an hour or so].. people running up and down the street screaming "the storm is coming.. the storm is COMING".

did we get any of that?

FUCK NO.

we got fumes when we wanted a full tank of gas.

we got crumbs when our appetites were waiting for a big meal.

we got farts instead of tornados.

oh well. there's always next time.

Photobucket

Photobucket

5 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

I am SO with you on this one! I love me a good storm. Minus the death and destruction, of course!

betty said...

do love a good storm too with lots of lightening and thunder, not sure I want to be too close to a tornado though! they scare me a bit, though I've never been in one

hope next time the storm doesn't pan out and is a good one indeed

betty

Mike said...

I live in the land of Hurricanes! I love a good storm!

Technodoll said...

LOL LOL! I think you girls need a roadtrip for some adventure! Um, some rides at six flags park? :-D

Anonymous said...

You're nuts!

I was in Nashville when all the storms were happening. I was so happy to finally get the hell out of there and back to my ground shaking home.