"...wE mUst bE thE chAnGe wE wiSh tO sEE iN thE wOrld..." K.G.

10/14/2008

Fall is my favorite time of year.
to smell the crispness of the cool air,
hear the rustling of the crunchy leaves
as i walk through them, and watch the leaves
on the trees turn all shades of autumn.
In the distance there is the laughter of children,
the smell of bonfires, and roasted meats.
makes me want to go camping
and have a bonfire of my own....
where we can sit around after dark,
roast hot dogs and marshmallows,
and feel the heat of the fire
as we reminisce of other comfy times.
Have a little table set up
to play cards on by firelight ...
have a few drinks,
relax and let the night embrace us all,
as the stars and moon watch over us.
being with those i love, in this kind of setting,
makes me feel all fuzzy and warm
at just the thought of it.
CRP

1 comment:

Weary Hag said...

Ohhh I love fall too ... (spring's my fave with everything turning green) but nothing compares to the colors of leaves changing and the smell of hot cider and pumpkin pie. mmmm

Thank you so much for stopping into The Outpost... really appreciate it!

Will drop you a line in email if you have it listed because all that I want to say can't fit in here.

You have a great blog! Love the big lady dog in the butt joke. :)