"...wE mUst bE thE chAnGe wE wiSh tO sEE iN thE wOrld..." K.G.

10/07/2007

October 6, 2007
when darkness falls and no one is looking, i remember back to a time when i was younger. i married my childhood sweetheart 34 years ago today. our marriage ended after 18 years, but we will always share a history that time nor circumstance can't take away. it will always be ours, and only ours. i will forever cherish the good memories, as there were many. i will try to forgive the transgressions, as there were some. i will always love the man i married on Oct. 6, 1973, despite who he has become over the years with age and time. i knew him when he was innocent and kind, beautiful and mine. we grew up together.... then drifted apart. i lost a part of my soul when we ended, that will never be the same as long as i live. he was my first love.
but not my last.
here's to you David, for all you taught me, all you gave me, and for our 4 beautiful children that i wouldn't have, if not for you.
thank you.
CRP

No comments: