"...wE mUst bE thE chAnGe wE wiSh tO sEE iN thE wOrld..." K.G.

12/31/2006

this is the last entry i will ever make in 2006. in just a few hours, this year will be gone forever more. on one hand, i am so glad this year has passed. on the other, it just brings me one year closer to the end of my life, one year closer to my kids growing up and moving out, one year closer to julian getting older, and one year closer to getting old. what is there to be happy about in that? i have mixed feelings about it all. i don't look forward to going out and getting drunk to celebrate the new year..... instead, i would rather spend it with my kids doing something fun, because that means more to me than anything else. time with them.
so you can have your new years eve parties with your new years eve hats and blowhorns and your new years eve confetti and all the alcohol you can handle and i'll have my evening with my kids making a memory that will warm me in my old age. welcome 2007. may it be filled with good things and blessings for each one of us.
CRP

No comments: